Thursday, May 31, 2012

May Catch Up

Well The Power Broker  by Robert A. Caro proved to be too much for one month. That wasn't really a surprise. It is excellent reading however, interesting and nicely paced. I haven't made nearly the progress that I wanted to. I've been distracted by my women's history blog which I love writing for.

A friend from times long past has joined me in writing for it. She is very enthusiastic which has encouraged me to write at a faster rate than I have in the past. Her name is Susan as well and her expertise is in European royalty, primarily British royalty. Susan's expertise is much more extensive than mine. She majored in history and has continued to read everything she could get her hands on about the areas that interested her. Unlike moi, who took a detour into STEM. People seem much more interested in reading about her queens than my mathematicians and scientists. Go figure!

While I continue through The Power Broker, I am reading a couple of other things that you might find interesting: Other Powers: The Age of Suffrage, Spiritualism, and the Scandalous Victoria Woodhull by Barbara Goldsmith, which I've read before, but am rereading while I start a blog series on women's suffrage, and Sisters: The Lives of America's Suffragists by Jean H. Baker about five of the women who were instrumental in American women getting the vote (Lucy Stone, Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Frances Willard, Alice Paul.) I just got it, but am very excited about reading.

Well, I have a lot of reading to do! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment